Our Story So Far
Boy, this is going to be a lot more work than I thought!
When starting this site, I simply wanted to make a list of resources that could be used for commercial work without having to post credits to the author. Not because I don’t want to give credit, but there are times when you simply can’t , and you still have to come up with quality resources on a tight, or non-existent, budget.
As I started compiling things, it soon became evident that there are a lot of sites that offer CC0, public domain, and similar resources. The problem is that they’re scattered all over the place, and it’s hard to get a good idea of what is where. Not that no one has tried, I’ve seen several laudable attempts at bringing this mess under a single umbrella. But even those sites are puzzlingly difficult to track down.
In any case, I’ve decided to keep hammering away at this, because I think I have a good idea. I want to build something that’s a bit more than simply a collection of links. I’d like to figure out how to make this really useful, a hub for those who need these resources, and could also use some inspiration, motivation and instruction.
Things I still need to do:
- Re-work the front page of the site to be more compelling and useful
- Locate my audience, and entice them to visit, re-visit, communicate and spread the word.
- Create more tutorials on topics that will prove useful
- Figure out how best to collaborate with people who are also interested in CC0 resources and promoting their use.
- Build a repository of CC0 images peculiar to this site. Okay, that one is started, but I need to add a significant amount of content.
- Coordinate and promote Mark Buckawiki’s fabulous Public Domain Project
And a bunch of other stuff. If you have any thoughts as to how I can make this a better resource, PLEASE tell me! And thanks for your time.